Fun things to do and Activities in Kleinzee
This Seafood Restaurant in Stranfontein has never failed to exceed expectation with its relaxing vibe and amazing food.
There are many things to do in Kleinzee. Here are just a few:
- There are a few unique spots that cater for the hungry, Menu’s are on hand
- Feel like a walk through the Molyneux Reserve this small reserve, hosts a multitude of tiny succulents, especially vygies and crassulas. There are 132 species of indigenous plants in this tiny reserve, 80 of which are succulents and 21 of which are bulbs. The 5km Trapsuutjies hiking trail offers you an excellent opportunity to explore it yourself
A walk down memory lane:
- This 5 km “Boulder Heritage Route” walk that includes the original bedrock sites from the early 1920’s the First Heritage stone with its “Pick/shovel painted in red, start at the Admin building Centenary drive/Checkpoint drive
- No 2 at the top end of town on route R355 were mined out diamond plants are visible from the 1920
- 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 still 2 research
- Boulder no: 11/12 in 3rd street & 1st avenue
- Boulder no: 13 in front KleinZee guesthouse no:3/!st Avenue
- The last huge boulder stands proudly outside the museum in 3rd Street & 3rd Avenue
For bird lovers:
- The hugely abundant bird life at the Buffels River estuary at Kleinzee attracts birders like the Orange/Black Bishop weaver.. the males change colour to Grey with black speckles in the winter.
- A huge Seal colony just north of the beach, with around 350 000 animals right on the beach now the largest on-land colony in the country(No access is allowed at this point in time).
But don’t despair if u can fly a plane then u have no problem viewing this large colony from the air.
- Normally between July and October
The area has a very rich biodiversity of miniature succulents, stem succulents, low leaf succulents and bulbs. Endemic species such as the strand vygie, vaal vygie and the knoppiesblaar viooltjie can also be found.
Flower routes of the Namaqualand:
4×4 Shipwreck Trail:
On this trail you will experience the end result of unpredictable mist and treacherous coastline. A popular tourist attraction, the shipwrecks of the Piratiny, Arosa and Border are along the coast of Koingaas and Kleinzee. Also on this trail visitors will have the chance to spot dolphins and wales (in season). Bird watchers will also appreciate this trail. The 4×4 Shipwreck Trail is perfect for photographers.
4×4 Strandveld Trail:
Forming part of the Sandveld, which is one of the regions of the Namaqualand, Strandveld is a nature rich area. Home to Ostrich, springbuck, gemsbuck, steenbuck and duiker, the Strandveld trail is perfect for nature lovers.